Set up your data sources in order to start pulling data from your partners (ad networks, agencies etc.) into the Singular platform
As a new user of Singular's analytics service, you need to set up your data sources in order to start pulling data from your partners - including ad networks, PMDs, agencies, publishers, and analytics services - into Singular.
After you are all set up, you'll start seeing your data updated on a daily basis in Singular, without needing to log into each partner's dashboard.
- Integration methods: Singular uses different methods to pull data from partners, depending on the way the partners makes their data available. An integration may be based on special APIs, proprietary file-based transfer mechanisms (FTP, Google Docs, etc.), postback integrations for user-level data, email processing, or dashboard access.
- Singular can only collect the data that is provided by the partner. For example, if a partner does not track and collect creative-level data, there is no way for us to provide that data in our analytics reports.
Adding a Data Source
To add a data source:
- Go to Settings > Data Sources.
- Hover over the Add New button on the top right, and start entering your partner's name. In the list that appears, choose your partner.
The next step depends on the partner you are adding as a data source:
For most partners, you wil see an Add Source window. In this window, enter your user name and password for that partner. You may also need to enter your API Key for that partner. When you are done, select Save.
For Sources that use Single Sign-On (SSO), such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Bing, you are prompted to authenticate using that source.
Note: Make sure you are logged out of the platform before adding it as a data source. If you are logged into your personal Twitter or Facebook account, you may end up authorizing the wrong account during the authorization flow.
Add all of the Account IDs. Now is a good time to double-check that you have all the necessary permissions to access your account IDs.
- Your partner is added to the list of data sources and Singular attempts to connect to it using the credentials or authentication you provided.
If the connection is successful, you see a green Login Successful message next to the data source in the list of data sources.
If you see a message saying Please verify authorization or Please verify credentials, this means Singular could not connect to the data source. Hover over the data source and select Edit to fix the problem.
See Data Source Status below for more information about data source status indications.
Repeat these steps with all of your data sources.
When Will I Start Getting Data from the New Source?
- Once Singular can log in successfully to the data source, it will begin retrieving data for the last 3 months.
- Please allow 24 hours for the data sources to update.
Setting Up Your Third-Party Attribution Provider to Enable Post-install Event Reports
By adding a third-party attribution provider to Singular, you can get more granular reports by bringing your in-app event data in line with your upper funnel performance data.
Adding a third-party attribution provider may enrich your reports with the following data:
- Cohort periods (Singular can show up to 6 cohort periods)
- Custom in-app events (level 1, tutorial completed, rides completed, etc..)
- You can rely on the tracker install and click events instead of the network
- Expanded country coverage (not all networks provide country stats)
- Tracker URLs
To customize your events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Source Status
The list of sources in the Data Sources page is divided into three categories according to the status of the data source. Only the sources in the "Live Data" category (marked in green) are active.
Action Required (Red)
These data sources are not active. A message in red appears next to the data source, telling you what the exact problem is. Singular will not be able to pull data from that partner until you fix the problem.
Usually, the problem is that Singular was not able to log into the partner with the username and password you provided. To change the login information for the partner, hover over the data source and select Edit.
Live Data (Green)
These are data sources that Singular logged into successfully and was able to pull your data. The Last Login message shows the last time we accessed your data.
Pending Integration (Yellow)
These are partners that Singular is not integrated with yet.
To pull data from such a partner, you must first make a request to email@example.com for Singular to launch an integration with that partner.
We will then work on integrating the data source, and notify you once they are integrated and live in your dashboard.
To delete a data source:
- In Settings > Data Sources, hover over the data source and select the Edit button.
- In the Edit Source window, select Delete on the bottom left.
Note: This will remove the partner from your Data Sources page, but will not remove the data in your reporting. To remove the data from the reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove it for you.